Park Manor Care hosts a variety of Spiritual Care services on our campus.
Seventh-day Adventist Christian Values
Park Manor Care operates in harmony with the mission, philosophy and goals of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, which advocates that physical, mental, social and spiritual factors must be dealt with simultaneously. This requires understanding and acceptance from a multi-disciplinary team perspective that includes a strong component of spiritual care.
There is a Spiritual Care Coordinator on duty within the facility to meet the residents needs for pastoral care and pastoral counseling. This service is extended to staff and families and on a limited basis, to the surrounding community, adapting the Christian gospel to the needs of various religious faiths.
Visits by the Spiritual Care Coordinator can be arranged through the nurse in charge in the event of emotional or spiritual conflicts as a result of suffering, illness, loss, etc. However, if requested by the resident or family members, the resident’s own Spiritual Advisor, Pastor, Priest or Rabbi will be contacted and asked to visit the resident.
Concern for the personal dignity and worth of each resident is supported by the provision of planned spiritual services on a regular basis with recognition of freedom of choice in faith and worship in accordance with one’s own conscience. These services are hosted by a several participating church communities of faith within Transcona and the surrounding area.
For more information about Church Services please call Chaplain at (204) 222-3251 ext. 248
Churches Currently Ministering at Park Manor Care
- Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd
- Tabor Baptist
- Transcona Alliance
- Transcona Christian Reformed
- Transcona Memorial United
- Spring of Living Water
- Park City Gospel
- Sherwood Park Lutheran
- Faith Community Church
- Blessed Sacrament Roman Catholic Church
- St. George’s Anglican Church
- St. Joseph the Worker Roman Catholic Church
- St. Michael’s Ukrainian Catholic Church
- Transcona Seventh-day Adventist Church
- West Park Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Henderson Highway Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Mountain – Andrews Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Silver Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Red River Valley Junior Academy
- Central Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Liutchhouse of Hope seventh-day Adventist Church
- Park Manor Care Chaplain