About Park Manor Care
Park Manor Care is located on a treed lot at 301 Redonda Street in the Transcona area of Winnipeg.
Our current capacity is 100 residents in 44 private, 20 semi-private and 4 four-bed rooms. We strive to provide an atmosphere as close to that of home as we can by allowing our residents to personalize their rooms with selected furnishings and pictures and mememtos whenever possible.
Park Manor Care complies with Province of Manitoba legislation and regulations pertaining to health care facilities. All resident and staff meals are cooked on the premises in our own kitchens.
To be known as a Home where people place their trust, offer top quality care within a comforting spiritual environment, respond to needs, evoke community pride ad enjoy living, working and visiting.
“Offering love, peace, compassion, hope and empowerment…to CARE as Christ does”
- We will CARE about our people. Our Residents’ needs come first.
- Our staff needs are important and we will work to earn trust, and be honest, fair and professional in our dealings.
- We strive to treat everyone equally, regardless of belief, gender, ethnicity, economic status or lifestyle.
- We will CARE about our quality.
- We hire dedicated individuals who are willing to grow and develop and we challenge them to take initiatives, solve problems and make progressive changes.
- We encourage our staff to be the best in their field.
- We invite the services of committed volunteers to enhance the quality of life for our Residents.
- We will CARE about our resources.
- We take seriously our role as stewards of our physical environment, the equipment we use and the resources entrusted to us.
Our Pledge to each other and our residents
TO RESPECT MYSELF
To care for myself physically, emotionally and mentally; to take responsibility for the work that I have accepted and that has been entrusted to me; to accept responsibility for my own reactions and behaviors and my impact on others; to ensure my behavior is respectful and appropriate at all times.
TO RESPECT OTHERS
To affirm and encourage others and to avoid uncaring criticism, impulsive remarks, hateful words, physical and emotional attacks and anything else that might dehumanize others; to treat others the way I want to be treated; to engage in conscious ethical personal and organizational decision making by posing questions such as:
- “ If everyone did what I am proposing to do, would it be a better world? ”
- “ What would my best self dictate me to do? ”
- “ What would the people I most admire think about what I am proposing to do? ”
- “ Does what I am doing look civil? ”
TO COMMUNICATE BETTER
To share my feelings honestly and respectfully; to work at solving problems peacefully; to encourage an open system of communication and to promote teamwork throughout the workplace.
To listen carefully to others, especially those who disagree with me, and to take into consideration others’ feelings and needs rather than insist on having my own way.
To forgive others and myself, to apologize and make amends when I have hurt another, and to keep from holding grudges.