ADULT DAY PROGRAM
The purpose of the Adult Day Program is to promote continued independent living in a supportive, structured and empowering environment, through Therapeutic Recreational Programming for seniors living in the Transcona and Elmwood Communities.
Application to the Adult Day Program must be processed through the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority, Home Care Department at 940-2655. After the application has been processed and forwarded to our Adult Day Program, the Coordinator will contact and interview the applicant when an opening in the program is available.
ADULT DAY PROGRAM SERVICE
- Transportation to and from the program
- Lunch is provided
- Morning and afternoon snack is provided
- Functional Fitness
- Monthly Calendar
- Hairdressing and barber services provided by appointment only
- Registered Nurses are on call—emergency care only
- Opportunity to rest and lie down if required
- Outings into the community every second month
- Walking aids and wheelchairs available for use during program hours
Park Manor Personal Care Home Inc. has sponsored the Adult Day Program since November 1, 1982. Our Adult Day Program is located in the Meeting Room at East Park Lodge, a senior citizen complex adjacent to Park Manor Personal Care Home.
For more information contact the Adult Day Program Coordinator Monday through Friday at 224-4561.